1. Do I have to join as a member to attend?
Potential new members may wish to initially attend the club as a visitor for two or three Tuesday evenings to get a feel for the club (at a cost of £3 per attendance) before deciding whether they wish to join the club and pay the annual fee.
2. Do I need an expensive camera and equipment to join and participate?.
Not at all, just a keen interest in photography. Our members have a wide range of kit from basic kit to professional kit and no matter what camera equipment you have, you can participate in the club.
3. Can I enter competitions without becoming a member?
Unfortunately not, only club members may enter the competitions, however none member can attend competition nights to get experience of how competitions are run and judged.
4. Is parking at Stafford Cricket and Hockey Club free?
There is a free car parking and the location can be found by looking at the google map on the find us page.
5. Is there somewhere to get a drink?
The Stafford Cricket and Hockey Club bar is available for refreshments and is open before the meeting starts and during the interval. Please pre-order your drinks for collection during the interval to avoid any delays.
6. What’s the difference between prints and DPI?
Prints are framed printed pictures and enter the prints section of the competitions which are judged on a lightbox, DPI stands for digital projected images, and these are judged from a projector. For more information on competition requirements please see the members information section of the website.
7. Do I have to be a member to access Zoom meetings?
No, because of Covid, we are running many meetings over Zoom and non-members can access these by paying a £3 fee, the event will have the uptodate information on how to do this.